Friday 2 December 2011

A weird sort of hiatus

I’ve fallen into a strange kind of No Man’s Land of writing at the moment. I do have some technical things to do regarding Bane of Souls, but before I can sink my teeth into that I need to get a reply to something.

I’d like to thank Ellis Jackson, the author of Simon and the Wardrobe of Destiny, for some help answering a few finickity queries I had about Smashwords/Amazon. His book’s a bit like Pratchett meets Narnia, and whilst the traditional elf/dwarf/human archetypes feature there’s a rather unusual take on the elves and it moves along at a fair lick. It’s mostly light-hearted, more like Space Captain Smith than the First Law Trilogy and can be bought on Smashwords and Amazon (rather obviously, as this is how he knew the answers to some questions I had).

In the meantime there’s not a huge amount I can do. Skyrim and hunting for Christmas presents (at which I am woeful) has consumed much time, though I could try and pick a favourite artist to potentially do the cover.

There are two main possibilities for me to write next: a short stand-alone adventure reusing some of the Bane of Souls cast or a trilogy (set in the same world) about a civil war. I’m leaning more towards the former, as it would be quicker to get done, and I’d sell it at a low (even for eBooks) price to help drum up interest and rapidly put out a second book (apparently a big thing people look for when considering new authors is whether they’ve got a few out or just the one).

Anyway, hopefully I’ll get a good book or two for Christmas, and there are a few books I’m thinking of buying myself. In February the Samurai Unofficial Manual comes out, and at some point they’ll release the Game of Thrones DVD (I’m baffled as to why this hasn’t happened yet). I also want to read more of Jim Butcher’s Codex Alera series, and there’s The Alchemist In The Shadows by Pierre Pevel.

Thaddeus

No comments:

Post a Comment