Wednesday 21 February 2018

Two Drawings


One downside to the otherwise enjoyable experience of drawing lots of stuff for Tales of Knights and Nitwits is that it’s occupied all my time available for drawing. I’m still working on Crown of Blood, the final part of The Bloody Crown Trilogy, and wanted to draw a map for it. A little time off from the comic was therefore needed.

Here’s the map of Falshire, the north-west corner of Denland, where many things occur in the final part of the trilogy. It’s not perfect but I’m broadly happy with how it’s turned out. That said, I still need to assess how it will appear on a Kindle, which is the single most important question.


Ages ago I had guides to several Final Fantasy videogames. Due to lack of space, and also the rarity of me going back to replay them (I am a hoarder, still have games dating back to Sonic the Hedgehog), I got rid of them all some time ago. However, I did find a small (maybe an inch, half an inch, something like that) depiction of Vivi, from FFIX, in that game’s manual. Given the diminutive nature of the reference material, I’m quite pleased with how the drawing eventually turned out. The trousers could be better, but they’re somewhat tricky.

[There was something else I meant to add here but I have forgotten what it was. I am quite certain, however, that it was witty and insightful].


The next episode of Knights and Nitwits will hopefully be up next week.

Thaddeus

No comments:

Post a Comment